We hope you had a good summer and we are looking forward to welcoming you back to college. As you should be aware, we will be operating a new catering system this year, whereby everyone will be required to pay for meals consumed in the dining room. Of course you are welcome to bring your own food instead if you prefer. Here are some key points about the new system:
- Catering will be served from Monday to Friday during term time and will constitute breakfast, lunch and café service. All meals or food items must be paid for at point of sale. The only exception will be for those who are paying for bed & breakfast accommodation, who have already effectively paid for breakfast. These people will need to sign-in at the servery instead of paying at the till. Payments methods will include cash, debit card and contactless. Absolutely no credit will be accepted in any form.
- Breakfast (including tea or coffee) will be available for £2.50 or individual items as priced.
- A hot lunch will be available for £2.00, which will include a main course and a side. Individual items may be purchased separately if desired (main £1.50, side £0.50).
- Desserts and cakes will be available at additional charge. Snacks, confectionary and drinks will continue to be available to purchase throughout the day.
- Pre-prepared sandwiches will be available from Monday to Wednesday. There will also be a ‘made to order’ service subject to stock availability. On Thursday & Fridays, sandwiches will only be available to pre-order. Please complete the order form at the cafe by 9am for the same day.
- Food will be available to suit a variety of special diets. Dietary information will be published on the weekly menu. We regret that we will not be able to cater for individual diets.
- Menus will be produced on a four week rolling programme and published in the catering block on Moodle (part way down the homepage on the left hand side). Please note that menus may slightly alter due to circumstances beyond our control.
- You may continue to invite visitors to have lunch at the College. Ideally they should be booked in advance at reception. Visitors should pay for their food at the point of sale in the cafe. Visitors who have not been signed-in will be accommodated at the discretion of the catering staff.
We very much hope that you will make use of the catering service on offer. Please take direction from the catering staff and do be patient as we all adapt to the new system.